Monday, August 29, 2011

Bluebonnett's Blues, the Musical

What you are about to witness is the illustrious debut of my song, composed by none other than that famous bard of Gondor, Aegthil.  [Scribe's note: Yeah, I've never heard of him before, either.]  He's written several of the songs that we play at our weekly BBB concerts (which of course stands for Bluebonnett's Band, and anyone who says otherwise is just pulling your leg), including several dedicated to various paramours of ol' Aeggie, like Wrenaya, and Khizli. 

 [Uhhhh...are you sure about Khizli?  Of course I'm sure! Why else would he write a song to a smelly old dwarf? Boy, you sure are thick, Scribe! But Blue, Khizli isn't that smelly, and besides, I'm pretty sure I've never seen Aegthil flirt with a dwa- That's exactly why I'm sure of it! Khizli must be his one true love; you just have to trust me on this. Now get back to work!]

Anyway, as I was saying, Aegthil wrote this song especially for me, because he was obviously inspired by my masterful use of the cowbell, and wanted to ensure that we had the perfect song to showcase my belling.  [Scribe's note: I'm sure it had nothing to do with her whinging on about there not being enough cowbell parts in the existing BBB songbook. Nothing whatsoever]


Such masterful work, by all of us! It's just a shame that a particularly poorly behaved elf had to (unsuccessfully) try blocking me with his big, hairy goat, as if it were even possible to squash the power of the mighty cowbell! 

Cowbell 4 LYFE!

[Scribe's note: I really feel that I should mention a few things that Miss Bluebonnett has failed to tell you. First, the video was graciously provided by Irdu from Landroval, who is a friend of Blue's cousins, Singa and Zinga Merrydo. Second, if you are so inclined, you can find the .abc files for The Bluebonnett Blues, as well as all the other wonderful stuff from Aegthil's Fool over here.]


2 comments:

  1. Khizli and I are just good friends. Trust me. Oh. Wait. Not even good friends. He's a hairy smelly dwarf with a bad attitude.

    Now Inzilgagger, on the other hand .....

    Blue, I'm not sure I like your new scribe. I think you should re-advertise the position.

    Aegthil

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Blue, I think you may be on to something here... The Bard has written *count them* two songs for Khizli, the first being the ballad, the second being the medley! It is really all a structured ploy on his behalf, I'm sure, but trust me, you don't want what he's got!

    Beorbrand

    ReplyDelete